PALPABLE OSTEOPATHY: HOW TO OPTIMIZE YOUR OSTEOPATHIC PRACTICE!
Make your practice simpler and more efficient while producing longer-lasting results
with Robert Morelli D.O.M.P.
Course Description and Syllabus
Any osteopathic practitioner worth his or her salt questions whether their treatment is as efficient and long-lasting as it can be.
More importantly for you, how potent can any osteopathic treatment can be made to be?
In this course I will give you a system that will answer these questions for you and put you on a path to your best work.
I sincerely believe that manual osteopathy is potentially the most powerful medicine on the planet.
Over the past 15 years I have developed a system of palpation and treatment that unleashes that potential in order to drive the body towards optimal health.
Working with scores of extremely complex patients with chronic health concerns has convinced me that even these patients can usually be helped with osteopathy.
In this course I intend to put that optimism in your hands!
In this course you will learn:
- How the changing concept of the osteopathic lesion has affected your training and practice
- How the patient’s body reacts when palpated, and, how to control that reaction for optimal palpation and treatment
- How to improve your palpation of lesions in the different tissues of the body by learning how to search for the lesions that you have been missing
- How to refine palpation of the patient’s vitality using a system called “Equipoise” designed to facilitate palpation in the body’s most difficult regions
- How to palpate the motility and mobility of the visceral and supporting fascial system given their integral importance to the structure and function of the whole body
- A clear palpatory protocol for assessing the lesional information found in the patient’s entire body
- About the hierarchy—there is always a primary lesion—within the patient’s “Adapted Mechanism” of lesions, and how to use the “Inhibition” system to find it
- Ultimately, how to make your treatment simpler, more efficient and longer-lasting
Robert Morelli is a full-time Manual Osteopathic Practitioner in Toronto with over 20,000 clinic hours of experience.
He has served as Faculty Member and Head Clinic Supervisor at the Canadian College of Osteopathy, Toronto, as well as on the Board of Directors of the Ontario Association of Osteopathic Manual Practitioners.
Robert Morelli has a B.Sc. from Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut and a D.O.M.P from the Canadian College of Osteopathy.
Robert Morelli presented "Equipoise: Placing the Hand Between Body, Mind and Spirit" at the Osteopathic European Academic Network (OsEAN) Open Forum on Palpation in Potsdam, Germany (2011).
Friday, November 9th, 12:30 p.m.—6:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 10th, 9:00 a.m.—6:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 11th—9:00 a.m.—6:00 p.m.
Option at 8:15am for 1/2 hr meditation on finding Inner Stillness,Silence and Spaciousness.
Monday, November 12th, 12:30 p.m.—6:30pm. Options: Course participants can be treated or bring patients and be supervised treating them using the new concepts. All participants welcome
Option—please respond if interested—for days starting at 9:00am—starting at 8:15am—for a half hour meditation on finding Inner Stillness, Silence, and Spaciousness led by Kim Puil, Bon Buddhist Practitioner and Teacher
THIS COURSE IS LIMITED TO 20 MANUAL OSTEOPATHIC
PRACTITIONERS AND/OR THESIS WRITERS
Cost: $750.00 (includes HST)
Early Bird Cost—before October 15—$700.00 (includes HST)
Location: Vancouver College of Massage Therapy
Suite 300—1050 West Pender Street, Vancouver
Email: r.morelli [at] palpableosteopathy.com for more information
—THIS COURSE IS LIMITED TO 20 MANUAL OSTEOPATHIC PRACTITIONERS OR THESIS WRITERS—